Sunday 18 June 2017

A funny thing happened on the way to King's Heath

It's been another hot day today. Despite the insulation the walls of the boat have felt very warm where the sun has been beating down on the outside.

I did a bit of cosmetic repair work to the ceiling of a house we let near here; tomorrow I think we'll be hedge trimming before the rain comes.

We went to church this morning - the Baptist Church in Yardley Wood Road where our friend and waterways chaplain Richard Alford goes - and to our favourite curry house this evening, the Sweet Chillies, also in Yardley Wood Road.

After the meal, very good as always, we went for a walk along the Chinn Brook to Trittiford Mill pool where I took a rare photo with my telephone camera.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was an interesting thing which happened as I cycled up a gentle incline towards a roundabout in King's Heath. I was overtaken ... by a hand-powered wheelchair. Not the sort where the chair is propelled by a handrail just inside the wheels, but the type driven by a bicycle-like device with handles instead of pedals. I know these days I'm not as fast as I used to be on a bike, especially on the cheap folding machine I use when boating, but it (over)took me by surprise. I'll know to hang up my bike helmet when I get passed by a tortoise.

No comments: