Hmm. I rewired the shunt this morning hoping to detect charging current flowing into the batteries, but the meter displayed 0.0A. Either the display unit isn't working or there's something else I've missed.
We came up to Jubilee on Sunday; I've done one or two jobs on board and we've been helping at Ally and Ben's house nearby. This evening I finished building a high-level cupboard in baby's room (only three or so weeks to go).
On the boat I wondered why the shower waste pump wouldn't automatically switch off, so I checked the hair filter. This was completely clogged. (I thought I'd cleaned it very recently - apparently not!) Cleaned - now all is well.
When we got back to the boat this evening we couldn't open the internal door from the engine room into the cabin. It has a Yale-type lock; the key just wouldn't move the latch. We were able to enter via the front doors and I took the lock apart. The thing that rotates to withdraw the latch had rotated too far; I managed to put it in its right place. The mechanism now seems to work but I expect it failed because it is worn. I'm expecting it to fail again some time.
Hazlehurst Tuesday 22 August 2017 - We had very good meals in the Hollybush last night, 2 mains and 2 pints under £25, tasty food and a good portion size, so we are back tonight. This was t...
33 minutes ago