Saturday 12 September 2015

Black Country Boating Festival

It was the first day that the public were invited in to the BCBF, but I started the day in more potentially back-breaking labour. I helped to erect the second stage, which involved a lot of screwing, unscrewing and rescrewing nuts and bolts holding lengths of stage "scaffolding" together. This is the finished result.

After a coffee back on the boat I treated myself to a wander round the festival site. By this time the rain had stopped and the sun had come out, bringing the crowds with it.

Jan and I spent some considerable time litter picking in the afternoon. Oh, I also restocked the loos with loo rolls more than once - they get used up almost the instant they are replaced.

For lunch Jan and I went to the nearby church which was providing good value food (I had a bacon and sausage cob, quiche and salad, chocolate cake and tea. The tea was made with UHT milk - I couldn't drink more than a couple of mouthfuls).

I saw Andy and Helen on their Wildside (boat) stall; also Barry and Sandra on their homebrew (boat) stall. BCF boat Kew had a good central location and was doing a fair trade in showing people round the boat.

Tomorrow - well, I'll write about tomorrow tomorrow, when it will be "today".

edited for corrections

No comments: