Friday 24 January 2014

Great London Underground blog discovered

When I followed a link from Sarah's blog to that of Diamond Geezer, I found there a link which looked interesting. When I clicked on it I found a treasure house of "150 great things about the Underground". Ian Jones has photographed and written about, yes, a hundred and fifty things on or very near the Underground which excite him. His photographs are good and so is his writing.

In the first post of the series Ian celebrates the archer at East Finchley station. I didn't know about this, and I'm not sure I've ever been to East Finchley.

Great stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Most interesting. Not long ago, we passed East Finchley station on a coach after a day out with the R.A. and I would have looked had I known. This means that there are TWO blogs I shall follow!

H.S.

Vallypee said...

I know this isn't really about this post, but it's lovely to see a photo of Jubilee in your header here. You must be thrilled to have your own boat to cruise on now! Since I'm not really fanatical about underground trains, I'll leave others to follow your links here :-)