Wednesday 13 February 2013

Folding bike makes life easy for train, car and boat

It took me a long time to get round to it, but today, at last, I took a couple of pictures of my new folding bike.

From rideable to folded, or the other way round, takes a few seconds, and involves just two quick-release clamps: one half-way along the frame; and one half-way up the handlebar stem.

If the seat has been lowered, as in the photo above, that's another quick-release clamp. Easy peasy. And it feels perfectly firm when pedalling - and I've never had such good brakes!

I've made good use of the bike recently in my travels to and from London. It gets me to the station this end, and to my brother's house the other. And I can take it on the Underground as long as it stays folded.

The model? It's an Easystreet City Folding Bike from avocetsports.com, and it cost me £160 from Wilco Motorists Discount Centre in Norwich.

I'm very pleased with it, and am looking forward to putting it in the car to take to the boat. Much easier than a full-size "normal" bike.

1 comment:

Mohammad Chapman said...

Folding bikes rule! :) That is a wonderful ride since that gives you the convenience. Therefore, making your life really simple.