Saturday 15 December 2012

Humbleyard Hoofers' (pre-) Christmas Walk

Today Jan and I led the last walk in the 2012 season of the Humbleyard Hoofers walking group. As in the last couple of years we ended up at Jan's school teaches for a slap-up lunch (my third and Jan's fourth Christmas meal of the season!).

But I'm getting ahead of myself. We enjoyed excellent conditions for our five mile stroll near Wymondham - sunshine, no rain, and a not-too-strong breeze.

The going underfoot wasn't as muddy as I'd expected, given all the recent rain, but there was the occasional puddle.

At our coffee stop at half distance I set the camera to take a self-timed shot of the 12 of us.

I have written before about the use farmers make these days of kites suspended from tall poles to act as bird scarers.

Here, though, instead of a replica bird of prey, a more kite-like kite was deployed.

It seemed to be working - I saw no birds!

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

You were very lucky with the weather, weren't you? I've never seen kites used like this before, but I can imagine it's quite effective!