Saturday 28 April 2012

A familiar face at Fazeley

Saturday 21st April 2012

The face was familiar, but the beard wasn't.

From Fazeley we winded just south of Coleshill Road Bridge, then returned to the junction and turned right along the Coventry Canal for three miles, ascending the two Glascote Locks. At the locks I noticed a bearded man walking purposefully towards us. I didn't immediately recognise him in his disguise.


Andrew Denny tells me he has now shaved the beard off.

He joined us for the obligatory tea and tour up to the winding hole by the golf course and back.

This is Jubilee approaching Glascote Top Lock.


And this is AD being careful not to scratch it.


Those fenders, like the beard, really have to go!

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

Halfie, I am late bringing you these congratulations, but just let me say I am so very pleased for you! Jubiliee looks gorgeous. I have been back through your posts and looked at all the photos and the interior is really lovely. Well done you! I'm sure Ben and Ally will be very happy ad are very grateful to have this beautiful boat as their home.

Halfie said...

VallyP, thanks.