Saturday 18 February 2012

A momentary lapse ...

I tried and I tried and I tried last night to upload the next in the series of timelapse films of our April 2011 cruise - but YouTube kept rejecting the file, saying that there was something wrong with it. Well, it looks perfectly all right to me at home, looking at it on RealPlayer and QuickTime, and it's a .AVI file just like all the others, so I don't know what to do. Perhaps the system is objecting to the size. At about 400MB it's slightly larger than the previous uploads. Perhaps I need to cut it in half. But if I do in in Final Cut the aspect ratio goes wrong ...

It's a good one, too, with lots of locks (Lapworth flight).

Does anyone have any ideas which I'll be able to understand? YouTube talks about browsers, mentioning Google Chrome and Firefox. I'm on an oldish version of Safari (yes, I know, what do I expect?)

Is there an easy way to chop a Quicktime movie file in half so as to be able to upload each half separately?

2 comments:

Andy Tidy said...

Halfie
I set the comments incorrectly on the Bradley post - all ok now!

Halfie said...

Thanks - comment duly posted!