Saturday 5 November 2011

Fireworks and a bonfire

On my way home from work this evening I stopped off at the Earlham Park fireworks. I had to wait only five minutes before they started, 15 - 20 minutes of a fairly concentrated aerial display.


I had a good view from the road, along with many other people. Why would anyone pay?


At home the wind was in the right direction, and it was certainly the right night for it, so I lit the bonfire. It had become a huge pile of tree trimmings, hedge trimmings and other garden waste. And I do mean huge: about 12 feet by 10 feet by 7 feet high. No photos, so you'll have to take my word for it. Despite the outer layer being wet it soon got going, and, yes, I was as careful as I could be not to roast any poor hedgehogs.

I tended it for nearly three hours before judging it safe enough for me to come in and leave it to burn itself out. Which I expect it will have done by about Wednesday!

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Very nice shots indeed, Halfie. I'd forgotten about Bonfire night. It isn't done here in NL, of course.