Friday 3 June 2011

More boating done!

My brother has Shadow this (half term) week, and with some juggling of a day off and taking a couple of days' leave, I managed to be free to join him for a few days. We had a great time, joining David, Penny and Fergus at Crick on Monday, then going to Market Harborough, Welford and Norton Junction where we left them today.


After weeks of dry weather at home in Norfolk we arrived at Crick in the rain and looked round the boat show, spotting Ray and Jayne of No Direction, and Andrew Denny of Granny Buttons. I found Neil and Kath of Herbie in the beer-and-loud-music tent; they showed me round Herbie, and then we showed them round Shadow.

I've had a lot to do since driving back from Northamptonshire this afternoon, so just the one photo of the boat show and a short post.

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

You lucky thing, you! Sometimes, I think I should be on a narrowboat in the UK. Maybe we'd get out and about more. Great that you can meet up with other blogging friends too.