Wednesday 29 June 2011

Friends and strangers on board


As I mentioned in an earlier post, the reason for Shadow being at Braunston was to try to sell the remaining shares. We had a constant stream of visitors, and we were showing them round while explaining about shared ownership and how it works well for us. It got quite tiring at times, and so it was a relief to be able to sit down and supply tea and coffee to blogging friends - and their friends - Neil and Kath from Herbie; Bones from Bones; her friend Kate; Andrew Denny from Granny Buttons; James and Amy from Lucky Duck; and their friend Sarah from Ling, the latter three enjoying a little respite from the heat on the Sunday.

I was having so much fun I completely forgot to take any photos of you on board Shadow!


And how successful was the share selling? Well, there was a lot of interest, and BCBM, our management company, were hopeful that we'd sold some. Nothing definite yet, but the signs, apparently, were good.


I took the above two photos from on board Chertsey - yes, I got a ride with Sarah (steering) and Jim (restarting the engine from time to time) on Sunday. I'll write more about that in another post.

No comments: