Monday 23 May 2011

Invasion of the baby spiders

If you're squeamish about eight-legged crawly things then you probably won't have clicked on the link. For everyone else, this is what Jan suddenly noticed in our sitting room yesterday evening.


Hundreds - well, dozens - of baby spiders, which looked like black specks until I used a magnifying glass, were on a web we'd not noticed before. They were mostly motionless, but some of them ran around a bit when I got a bit close with my camera.


The flash has revealed them to be not black at all. As soon as I'd got a photo or two we vacuumed them up, and then I put the vacuum cleaner in the conservatory. Oh dear - did they crawl out in the night?

But where did they - or their parents - come from? I suspect the logs for the woodburner.

No comments: