Sunday 17 April 2011

Home again

A very quick post to say we're back home after a most enjoyable fortnight on Shadow. We had amazingly good weather for nearly all of it, and we did lots of new stuff and revisited some canals we hadn't been on for many years.

When I've calculated exactly how many miles and locks we did you can be sure that I'll put the information on here. I can tell you that we put 108 hours on the engine's clock, that's about 7 hours and 45 minutes per day on average.

Now I need to catch up on some sleep!

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

What a great trip you've had, Halfie.I shall be catching up on your posts while you catch up on your sleep. By the way, my brother and his wife say they are going to the Erewash canal for some kind of Christian get together? I'm not sure when it is (forgotten the details), but I wondered if you were going up that way too.

Halfie said...

VallyP, the Boaters' Christian Fellowship is holding a "mission" on the Erewash Canal from June 9th to 20th. We are unlikely to be there ourselves.