Monday 31 January 2011

Timelapse: Waltham Abbey to Hertford

Here is the second timelapse film of our London based cruise of last summer. It covers the River Lee Navigation from Waltham Abbey, just upstream of Waltham Town Lock, to Hertford Basin via the very limit of navigation, and lasts 4 minutes 36 seconds.

Things to watch out for:
  • the "helpful" man whacking up the gate paddle full blast at Stanstead Lock (2'35") despite the dire and severe warnings to open said paddle gently owing to the fierceness of the resulting jet of water

  • the low bridge at Hertford (3'49") which we took very slowly and which still mangled the chimney's coolie hat

  • the head of navigation at Hertford (3'59") and our reversing from it to tie up in the basin



I don't know if it's just me (or my computer), but I find that these YouTube things play more smoothly when displayed full screen. I checked yesterday's uploaded timelapse at work and it plays fine, so I hope it does for you too.

Above Aqueduct Lock, 54 seconds in, we stop to pick up David, Penny and Fergus.

No comments: