Tuesday 13 July 2010

Another degree of success


Today Jan officially became a graduate of the University of East Anglia when she was awarded her MA in Advanced Educational Practice. Our daughter Ally, her husband Ben, and my parents came up to share the celebration.


The ceremony wasn't until 4.30 so we went to the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts and had lunch in the café there. (A bad experience, by the way. The menu was nothing like the sample on the website, most things were "off" despite our being there when they started serving "hot" food, my paté was runny. When, later, we found "Zest" at The Square we saw that that would have been much better.)


And here's a photo of Jan proudly holding her certificate. Her graduation was exactly one year since Ally's own graduation, despite the two of them having studied at the same time. MAs seem to be awarded a year later than BAs/BScs.

7 comments:

Stephen said...

Congratulations!

If anything like my wife's postgraduate studies you'll both have worked hard during the course!

Debbie said...

Congratulations Jan, very well done! You must feel really proud and justly so! (How Proud are you Halfie)?!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

I'm a huge fan of continuing studies and it's a big boost to see someone else's achievement.

Sue, Indigo Dream

Jan said...

Thank you for your comments and congratulations. Yes he did do some things to help! Probably the helping he enjoyed most was taking me and all my work on Shadow for 2 weeks last year during which I worked solidly and wrote up most of the final dissertation. That was no hardship though, he enjoys single handed boating. He also did lots of proof-reading at the end and didn't complain at all the hours I spent studying during the 3years the course took. What a good team-mate!

Halfie said...

Yes, I'm very proud of Jan. I think our daughter was a great help too: she was studying for her degree at the same time.

Vallypee said...

Well done Jan!! You give me courage for my studies!

Anonymous said...

Belated congrats Jan - just catchin up on reading the blogs while it's raining....

H