Friday 12 March 2010

Squirrel

Mention that you have a problem with your squirrel in boating circles, and there'll be sympathetic talk of cracks or leaks or flues.

Go to fullsize image

Mention that you have a problem with squirrels ...


... and I'd talk about them digging holes in the lawn, chewing through our phone line, waking us up with scratching and scrabbling noises in our loft, and chewing up the loft insulation to make their nice cosy beds. All that has happened. So far they haven't managed to bite through the wiring. Perhaps they will one day.

You can see why they're not my favourite creature.

4 comments:

Alf said...

Squirrel = tree rat !

Vallypee said...

I do understand...but it's been a hard winter for the little chaps.....maybe they 're just looking for a nice bowl of nuts ;-)

Hi Halfie, I hope I'm back! I'm still pretty busy so won't be quite as regular as previously, but it's good to drop in and say hello. Have missed your blog.

Halfie said...

Hello VallyP, good to have you back. No, sorry, I have little sympathy for the wretched pests.

Jan said...

Correction - You have NO sympathy for the wretched pests!