Wednesday 17 February 2010

When will spring spring?

As the bulbs push their greenery through the soil my "tiller arm" gets even twitchier than usual.


daffodils


mini-daffodils - Jan tells me they're called têtes-à-têtes

Spring had definitely sprung when I took this photo on Easter Day last year:


David in the side hatch photographing some Easter chicks out with mum (or is it dad?)



And for an up-to-date photo here are some of the pancakes I ate yesterday (Shrove Tuesday, but you knew that).


My tiller arm? Yes, it's about time I did a bit more boating.

Somehow I managed to publish this post before I'd finished. Here's the correct version (accents now inserted).

4 comments:

Jan said...

It's definitely the mum. Dads have green heads. Ooh.. spring.. can't wait. Actually it did feel a bit springlike today in the sunshine despite the snow on the grass this morning!

Andy Tidy said...

Spring is sprung
the grass is riz
I wonder where the birdies is?

No green shoots in Birmingham - just more smow showers.
Andy

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Hi Halfie, great photos of the bulbs making an appearance, it does give you a surge of excitement, knowing that Spring will be our next season. I took Tickety Boo out yesterday for a short cruise, it was chilly but lovely!

Jan is quite right, it is Mummy Duck. We have so many inbreds around here the males don't always have green heads, but another way of telling if its Daddy duck is to see if it has curly feathers, usually black, just where the wings end and the tail starts on the ducks back. These 'curly' feathers seem to get more curly as the duck gets older. I have just given the game away that I spend far too much time watching ducks!

Debbie.

Halfie said...

Jan and Debbie, thanks. Mummy duck it is.

Andy, I tried and failed to get the snow into the bulb pics. I expect you have more than us.