Wednesday 12 August 2009

Time travel, Takey Tezey style

I'd often wondered how some of Heather's posts on her Takey Tezey blog appeared with post dates several days in the past. I'll explain what I mean with an example. If I'd read her latest post on a Monday, say, and looked on Tuesday and Wednesday to find nothing more; then I'd look on Thursday and suddenly find posts dated Tuesday and Wednesday, even though they definitely weren't there on those days. Is that clear?

So I asked her how she did it. And, of course, it's done using the Post Options. I had assumed Post Options would work only if you entered a date in advance; but no. It works for a date in the past too.

Hmm. I think I'll post this yesterday.

typo corrected tomorrow

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Halfie, you posting about my time travel talent? It's quite handy going backwards when you're moving forwards & haven't had chance to post for a few days if you see what I mean. Glad you find it useful, now I think I'll send ya this message last October...

H

Bill Rodgers said...

I hate to tell you, but even if you figure out time travel, Shadow wont be bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.

Halfie said...

But it does feel bigger inside than out. I mean, looking at it sitting on the water, it doesn't seem possible that you can stand up in it!

Halfie said...

Heather, sometimes I get so far behind with my posts that I have to accept that I'll never catch up with the present, so I have to leave a few days blank, as it were.

Anonymous said...

What you really need is a portable telephone box as an awning on the side, you know, like a concertina thing that folds up & fits flush to the boat when you don't need it, then you can time travel when you like... And Bill, it means the boats got an optional extension then, ha ha. Oh jeez I'm laughin my head off here...

H

Anonymous said...

PS: I sent this in 2006 sometime...

Flippin hek my sides are aching here...

Vallypee said...

Like it. Good tips, and Heth seems to have got even more enjoyment out of it too...always a good sign!