Thursday 2 April 2009

A tale of two ells


where we are this evening

I've spent the last two hours working out how to get photos on here. I followed Roger's advice and downloaded Pic Sizer. But it's all so complicated, especially when compared to my home computer which is a Mac. Anyway, let's see if I can upload a photo. Just one, though, as I don't intend to stay up all night!

We made good progress today, cruising down the Soar from Leicester to Loughborough. We tied up in Loughborough Wharf, where there's a good shower. Let's hope the Loughborough rowdies are quieter than their Leicester counterparts!

Yes! I uploaded a photo! For good measure here's one of Braunston Church, taken just five days ago.


It's a shame the daffodil on the left isn't in focus - tricky with a compact camera without a proper viewfinder!

3 comments:

Vallypee said...

You are getting around now, aren't you? And it must be great to have mobile internet! Do these dongle things work with Macs? I only have a small Apple laptop, and would love to have a dongle, but as far as I know they don't seem to make them compatible with Macs.

I love the bottom photo - very effective and rather beautiful.

Halfie said...

VallyP, yes, doing lots of cruising! The mobile internet is good, but it means possibly that we're not doing quite as much walking/exploring as we should. I think the dongle I got ("3" mobile) says it works with Macs. It would be really good to have a Mac on board!

Thanks for the comment on the photo.

Anonymous said...

Halfie that daffodil is definitely IN focus & lookin beautiful, bloomin hek I thought I was a perfectionist...!