Thursday 5 February 2009

Cruise coming up!

Yes, as an antidote to my feeling a little unwell at the moment (sore throat/cold, since you ask), there's the prospect of a cruise on Shadow in a week or so. David will be the skipper. The route will be either Leicester section to Market Harborough (haven't been there by boat before) or down the South Oxford or up the North Oxford. Amazingly I have the first weekend off, followed by three rota'd days off, so I can have five days on board without taking any leave. Of course, if it's iced in, there won't be a lot of point...

6 comments:

Vallypee said...

Good luck! It seems to me that you Brit canal cruisers have more opportunities for 'faring' ,as I call it, than we cloggies (okay, I'm a former Brit). There's no way I'd risk the currents and winds on the rivers and canals in this weather. There's too much commercial really big traffic to bump up against ;-)

Halfie said...

I bet your Dutch canals don't remain ice-bound for long, though.

Pete said...

We just saw Shadow at Braunston after leaving the pub this afternoon. In our sozzeled state we didn't realize at the time. Hello by the way.

Halfie said...

Hi Pete. It's all right - we weren't on board! I am to Shadow as Adam is to Debdale, if you see what I mean.

Del and Al said...

Hi Halfie, hope this ice goes away and you manage to get away on Shadow for a few days....we'll keep our eye open for you :-)

MortimerBones said...

i hear the southern Oxford is lovely at this time of year......