Saturday 20 September 2008

A week's cruise from Worcester: day 4

Monday 25th August 2008

at the IWA National Festival


David and Fergus accompanied Penny to Wolverhampton Station while I cycled down the towpath to Limekiln Chandlers. It was further than I'd remembered from passing it in the boat. There I bought exactly the right bilge pump, for about £15. I say "right" bilge pump: it was the same as the failed one, so I hope it's OK!

We spent the rest of the day enjoying the fine weather and looking round the festival. I had particularly wanted to attend Terry and Monica Darlington's session in the theatre tent where they read from Terry's Narrow Dog to Indian River.


We did several of the new boats, but I found I quickly got "viewing overload". After going through just a few boats I couldn't remember which boat had which features.

Steamer President, towing butty Kildare went past while we were on one boat.


Back on Shadow we had leftovers for tea, then Jan played cards with Fergus while David and I returned to the festival for some beer and evening entertainment. The Brummie comedian was good.

No comments: